Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Start Eating

In my search for new autocross tires, I have come across a few characters on craigslist. Here is the most memorable exchange (according to the wife, funnier when read out loud):

(Original ad: Wheels)

Me:
I'm interested in your wheels and tires, but I have a couple questions:
Wheel width/offset/hub diameter?
Tire brand/model/size?
Got better pics?

Him:
i dont kn ow any of that but if you want to come see them and try them on your car you can let me know 603 486 8154 thanks

Me:
If they're at least 7" wide wheels I'm interested. I'd probably be willing to pay $250 for them, in that case. If they're 7.5 inches wide, $300 if they're in good shape.

Him:
i dont know why you email me wasting your time saying what you will pay the ad does not say make offer it says 500$!!!!!!!!!

Me:
If you get that price I will eat my hair. Good Luck with sale!

Him:
start eating

*End of transcript*

In other news, we visited Cafe Polonia in Salem, MA while my mom was in town. Say what you will about the Poles and their ability to win a war, but holy crap is their food and beer delicious. I got the Zywiec raspberry beer and a kielbasa reuben. Basically what they're doing there is taking the best sandwich known to man and adding the fattiest pork sausage in existence. It may be the perfect food.


1 comment: